Need Help - Best 24"+ LCD TV for Gaming

TiTON

Gawd
Hey folks,

I am nowhere near being a display expert. So I wanted to know if anyone can help me.

I am looking for a nice sized LCD TV 24 - 32" that primary function is an HDTV, but can also serve as a good monitor for PC Gaming. I would be playing like BF2 on this display.

If we can keep price sub $1k woudl be nice.

Any recommendations would be great.

SAD

Benq's new monitor is the best for gaming. The one that ends in a "z". I would wait for the 100hz lcd's though or just get a 24" ws sony crt off of ebay.

If your looking for a 24" LCD monitor, I agree that the Benq 24" is the most well rounded 24" for the price and with great reviews. If your looking for a LCD/TV I don't see any 24" LCD/TV but there are 23", 26", 27", 32" The Samsung 26", 32" looks great, but of course they are on the pricey side. They seem to have higher contrast ratios than other LCD/TVs which brings out the blacks better.

Be warned though most 24 inch monitors that are current have there share of issues. The big one is likely color banding. BenQ has a pretty nice track record for its 24 inch model but at the same time you pay for it. Gateway has a decent track record for its 24 inch model but it has its share of issues (color banding,color/black&white ghosting effect/buzzing sound/heating issues) but comes in cheaper than the benq but without the HDMI (which isn't a factor anyway you can buy a 8 dollar HDMI to DVI cable for nothing on the web.)

Where ever you decide to buy a monitor i would suggest you make it a local place with a good return policy cause no LCD monitor is the same as the last you bought ..every single panel , even the exact same model has a chance with a different issue and a different outcome . Just be ready to return it incase and you will be golden.

Where ever you decide to buy a monitor i would suggest you make it a local place with a good return policy cause no LCD monitor is the same as the last you bought ..every single panel , even the exact same model has a chance with a different issue and a different outcome . Just be ready to return it incase and you will be golden.

Definitely! I have the Gateway 24" and mine makes the noise. But then, everything else looks good. Backlight is uniform throughout the monitor. No noticeable ghosting on my model or banding issues. However, I do notice lags in the inputs but not at the point where its lagging alot. I can exchange my model to see if I can get a model with no noise but then, another problem might be there. Backlighting might not be as good as my current model. Every model will vary and can't be exactly the same. It all depends whether the good points you look for in a monitor is enough to overshadow the bad points and you end up keeping it. The noise in the back does irritate me sometimes but, at times I don't notice it. For me, I can't be satisfied bringing this back and settle for my 22" LCD simply because it's quieter.The image quality display for Xbox 360 is soo much better on this 24" as oppose to my 22".

Back