Need Help: A-Data Memory quality

Frallan

Gawd
Im helping a friend set a system up. Now A-Data costs about half as much as anything else. I've never looked at cheap memory b4 and I need some more substansial arguments then "U get what U pay for".

How does A-data stand up against other Value and how fast can U run them are they 1T are they 3-3-3-8 or ???

A-DATA 2x512Mb (tot. 1024Mb/1Gb) Dual DDR-DIMM PC3200 400MHz 184pin

Give me a hint here...

Thx

Never heard of it, it's probably generic random slap-a-label memory. Which is to say it probably sucks but might be adequately stable if the standards aren't set too high.

So by "half as much as anything else" you're saying it's about $35/GB?

ashmedai said:
Never heard of it, it's probably generic random slap-a-label memory. Which is to say it probably sucks but might be adequately stable if the standards aren't set too high.

So by "half as much as anything else" you're saying it's about $35/GB?

Half as much as anything else In Sweden... Means 2*512 for 80-90$ Corsair value is twice that... (Not to mention my Plat. Rev. 2 those costed me 250€*1.3=325$...)

I've owned 3 pc4000 sticks of Adata, and one value pc3200 (cas 2.5) stick. The pc4000 would hit 260-270mhz 2.5-4-4-7 and the pc3200 I've currently got running 2-3-3-6 1T 200mhz (havent tried any higher due to KT400 chipset). From my experiences Adata makes excellent price/performance ram.

ashmedai said:
i dunno about that. i've heard of a-data before. it's rare, but the high quality stuff clocks pretty well.

and frallan, if you plan to get this for an a64, remember that ram doesn't effect performance much, just tweakability :D

Back