Need Help! 2 6990's and i7 1366 WC setup

Hi guys, I am a noob when it comes to watercooling. I have had enthusiast computers but always with top of line air cooler. I want to adventure into WC for my new setup and I need your help on parts selection. My current setup is as follows:

i7 920 @ 4.2ghz on air (maybe will be i7 970 @ 4.5)
2 6990's stock (will be OC'd tho)
Corsair AX1200w
Corsair 700D

Now I was thinking of taking out the bottom harddrive rack and placing a 2x120 there and place a 3x120 up top. Will those 2 rads be enough to cool everything? What if I double stacked 2 2x120's down there? I have had a look around and like the looks of EK's products but have no clue on how they perform. I like this resevoir/pump: EK-DDC X-RES 100 Custom Pump but will it be strong enough for the loop? Any help is greatly appreciated

The TL;DR version:
Please list the best 3 x 120, 2 x120, 1366 cpu waterblock, pump, resevoir and 6990 block that would be best for my setup

EK Waterblocks EK-DDC Dual TOP is similar to the one you posted just that is made for two DDC pump you can also add a resevoir on it if you like.

I'm not cooling as much as you but I'm putting in 2 xspc rx360 rads in my 700d. You could add anoughter rad on the back fan. That would give you enough cooling for everthing you have. Would have to mod the case a little more then me to fit the 1200 watt power supply.

I'm not cooling as much as you but I'm putting in 2 xspc rx360 rads in my 700d. You could add anoughter rad on the back fan. That would give you enough cooling for everthing you have. Would have to mod the case a little more then me to fit the 1200 watt power supply.

Yea I think I might just do this, ty

Get a better pump. An MCP355 would work fine.

Do you think I would notice the difference of 30lph?:

DCP 4.0 VS MCP355

Thanks but I don't care for the looks of that res. The EK combo looks much better IMO.

What about Parallel or Serial flow through the GPU blocks? I have asked this question in my thread, which is the same concept, but different enough to start my own thread about it.

Yea I think I might just do this, ty

Do you think I would notice the difference of 30lph?:

DCP 4.0 VS MCP355

Thanks but I don't care for the looks of that res. The EK combo looks much better IMO.

Running two gpu blocks you'll want the extra head pressure of the mcp355. Plus there are lots of aftermarket tops that further increases the mcp355's performance. The cpx-pro's mounting system sucks. I used to have one and much prefer the mcp355 plus XSPC top I have now.

Go with the parallel flow for more even gpu temps.

Be I'm going to be using a mcp355 for my setup. It's the koolance bay drive pump/res combo. Taking it from my old build. Been serving me well now for a while.

The XSPC Resorvoirs are nice, but I hate the mounting mechanism used. The little rubber and screw threads come out, and I can find anywhere to buy replacements. That, and it doesn't fit in the 700/800d nicely. You can see around the edges if you have lights.

Back