Need Hardware recommendation

Bambi

I Cleaned My Room - And I am a Dude
Well our small business network needs to expand and we grew from 4 people to 15 people now in less then a year. currently we have a t1 line running but our old router gave out and now we want to match the t1 with good ahrdware. I was looking for cost effective but good hardware that i could connect, like the router and a wireless access point. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced.

Well, it's only a T1...so don't need a high speed router. But for a business....stability and features is something to look for.

Often with a T the router is handled by the ISP.

What features to you have at your network? Services made available to the outside? Any VPN needs? Any wireless needs? Is there a mail server onsite?

Adtran 1335

Very reliable and enterprise grade hardware that is very cost effective. Has a built in 24 port POE switch, T1 interface module (or a dual module if you want to potentially bond the two T1's), and a WAP point built in.

I have a local vendor (KTS Network solutions in Cypress, CA) who is very good at dealing with these adtran products. The router will run you ~$2000 give or take.

Are there still advantages of a T1 line over Business Cable/FIOS? It's only 1.5Mbps....I'm a noob when it comes to this area.

only benefit is that a T1 has a SLA, most Business Cable or DSL does not, but generally they send a tech out within 4 hours. But that doesn't mean it will be fixed right away, if its a problem on the pole you end up waiting till evening.

But like said ive yet to have a client have T1 that has to buy the router, router is generally handled by the ISP in a bridge type mode then you put your gear behind it.

So 15 users really not all that much, could work with a RV series (as long as you get the router from ISP), then into a nice dell 24 port gig switch.

Are there still advantages of a T1 line over Business Cable/FIOS? It's only 1.5Mbps....I'm a noob when it comes to this area.
Comcast wouldnt give us connection here even though it was only a block away from our old office, and we had sbc for a bit but we were at the tail end of it, and connection knocked out all the time.

and we had sbc for a bit but we were at the tail end of it, and connection knocked out all the time.

A new dedicated line run in from the street..into the house (NID)..and right up to where your DSL modem/bridge is located, cures the drop issue 99.9% of the time. Doesn't end up costing much either.

Back