Need good 19" LCD for under $200

AdamNesvick

2[H]4U
I am looking for recommendations here, I prefer viewsonic CRT's but have no idea about their quality in LCD screens. Heres what I need.

No widescreen, this is purely for gaming.
Must have DVI connection
preferably no speakers on the front as I will never use them.
Good quality and long lasting.
Max resolution will probly be 1280x1024 for a 19", I realize this and am fine with it.

I need one because my viewsonic G90FB monitor/boat anchor finally died :(, I would just get it repaired but I want my deskspace back

^^^^ exactly....widescreen is AWESOME for gaming, most newer games support it out of box and most older games fromt he past couple or 3 years can be easily configured to handle it as well.....

I have a 21" widescreen and two 19" widescreen lcds in this house, love them all, and I would take a 19" widescreen over a 19 inch "square" panel anyday....

It can be a pain in the ass to get some games running with widescreen. If you're lucky enough to be able to run 4:3 with black bars, you're still losing a good portion of your image.

Most new games support widescreen out of the box, except for EA games.

the Benq one that has a 2ms response time 19incher can e had for $206 shipped.

AdamNesvick said:
I dunno, I just was told not to get widescreen, but am willing to consider consider it.

You need to go to a store and check out a widescreen, it is worthless to listen to us here on the net, you need to find out for yourself....I'll never go back to lame ass square displays....

Well I went to compUSA to look all I gotta say about WS is ":eek:sweet:eek:" I had just never seen a good one before.

I think I am going to go with the 941BW (I think newer generation of 940BW) y'all have changed my mind, and I decided that since I watch a lot of movies it will serve me the best.

hmmm did not know there was a new revision. Wonder why they changed it? the 940BW just came out a few months back..... and now there is already a 941BW....

Back