Need gaming card for small PC, how to find it?

M76

[H]F Junkie
I need a gaming video card (preferably GTX1080) that is no longer than 280mm and no taller than 115mm. Which has the power connector facing the rear, not the top.

I don't know any place where it is possible to search cards by size.

Between all the variants there must be about 50 types out there. Sure some can be excluded immediately, but there are some that has no information available on them. For example the inno3d version looks promising at 266/111mm, but there is not a single image of it apart from the stock product image. So I have no idea where the power connector is, but so far all the cards I've seen had their power connectors facing up. I wonder if there are even cards out there that don't.

Your link just says EVGA is down for mantienance, hell of a time to pick for bringing down your entire site in the middle of monday.

Between all the variants there must be about 50 types out there. Sure some can be excluded immediately, but there are some that has no information available on them. For example the inno3d version looks promising at 266/111mm, but there is not a single image of it apart from the stock product image. So I have no idea where the power connector is, but so far all the cards I've seen had their power connectors facing up. I wonder if there are even cards out there that don't.

Your link just says EVGA is down for mantienance, hell of a time to pick for bringing down your entire site in the middle of monday.

Darn it loads for me. Unfortunately I just saw that it doesn't meet your high requirement.

This one however:

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-5180-KR

111mm / 266mm

looks like it is on the top
0369846_3.jpg

Reactions: M76
like this
Every card I have had for years has had the power in almost the exact same spot.

Would a low profile 90 degree cable adapter work? Something like this: https://www.moddiy.com/products/PCIE-90-Degree-Angle-Low-Profile-8%2dPin-6%2dPin-Connector-Extension-Cable.html
I haven't been actively looking at this until now, but older cards seem to have had their connectors on the back not on the top. I actually have an older Quadro here that also has a connector on the back. I have no idea how much space there will be for a connector but I suspect it won't be enough.

Back