Need Game advice...I love Call of Duty, what others would I like?

sandman78

Gawd
I am not a big gamer, but it's mostly because I never can find games that I enjoy. I thought I would try Call Of Duty, and I loved it. I have been glued to the game for the past week. Last night I beat it on the 2nd hardest level, and I am going to keep playing it with higher difficulty. The last game I was really "into", was Rogue Spear. I didn't end up playing some of the newer Rogue Spear games very much, but I thought they were much harder than the originals. I don't like games where I have to run around looking for Keys to rooms, etc.. and I'm not big on "sneaking" around that much. So I was wondering what other games I would like if I like Call of Duty & Rogue Spear? I played far cry over at a friends house and I thought it was a little too difficult for my liking. I know Counter Strike has been out for a long time, but do you think I would like it? I have heard a lot about it. Anyway, if you all would offer some advice, I would appreciate it.

BTW, if there are some demos you would recommend me trying, please post them.

Have you tried Medal of Honor? I thought that was decent. I've never played call of duty though cause I'm about sick of WWII games.

For someone who's "not a big gamer" you got one hell of a gaming rig... anyway CoD has an expansion pack coming out in a few months called United Offensive. If you liked CoD then you will like Medal of Honor but CoD is better. Also keep your eyes out for a game coming out, I think now next year, called Brothers in Arms. It is another WWII FPS and looks like it could be better than MoH and CoD combined, time will tell.

Make sure you do try Medal of Honor: Allied Assault liked other mentioned and its sequal Medal of Honor : SpearHead. Also give Return To Castle Wolfenstein a try, if you like COD you will that. And if you like Rogue Spear I cant believe you missed Raven Shield which improved on almost everything.

So thats.....
1-Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
2-Medal of Honor : SpearHead
3-Return To Castle Wolfenstein
4-Raven Shield

GET RTCW: ENEMY TERRITORY.....its free and you can get it at rtcwfiles.com If you like cod then you will love et. And you can't beat the price! The game is totally multiplayer

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. You've given me enough to keep me busy for a while :D. One last question... what about BattleField Vietnam? Is that any good? And is Battlefield 1942 made by the people who made Call of Duty?

LiquidX said:
And if you like Rogue Spear I cant believe you missed Raven Shield which improved on almost everything.

So thats.....
1-Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
2-Medal of Honor : SpearHead
3-Return To Castle Wolfenstein
4-Raven Shield
[/QUOTE]

I looked around, and Raven Shield came with my Audigy2 :D. I installed it and I've been playing it. They have really improved rogue... and it looks amazing at 1600X1200 :D. I'm used to playing the old one at 800x600 & 1024x768.

You should also try out America's Army if you never have. It's free and has Counter Strike style gameplay. You know, when you die, your out for the round. It's multiplayer only, but it IS free afterall.

Super56K said:
You should also try out America's Army if you never have. It's free and has Counter Strike style gameplay. You know, when you die, your out for the round. It's multiplayer only, but it IS free afterall.

I can't play any Multiplayer games right now, because I am using a Satellite for my internet connection. The lag is horrible. But Hopefully if all goes well, I will be on a fixed wireless connection by the end of the month. So I will keep America's Army in mind. Thanks.

I'd have to say that CoD and BFV gameplay feels different. In CoD I've felt more confined considering the environment surroundings, which ultimately led into a lot of CQ battles. In BFV the maps are very large and the gunplay was more long range. I really liked BF1942 until I played the CoD multiplayer. It's just more fast paced and hectic. I guess its more like CS for WWII.

MoH is good, but is the predecessor to CoD in a way, but worth playing if you like CoD. BF1942 is fun too and IMO is better than BFV.

CoD with the Anarchic Mod is the best online gaming experience I've ever had. No crosshairs, no on screen messages telling you who you killed (or who killed you). No gay radar. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to increase the intesity of their CoD experience.

Back