need formating advice

xc_runner713

Weaksauce
im getting into linux and my computer doesnt have a cd burner so im gonna use someone elses but before i do i want to make sure my computer is ready for linux so i have some questions
this is what i want to do
1.reformat my drive into 2 partitions
2.fresh install windows

ive tried my utility cds and ive even tried to download a partitioning program but that didnt work either ive tried reinstalling windows but my old install of windows is still here it still says there is that space taken up on my drive and if i do a search on files that i had before the install it finds them and i can even pull them out and put them on my desktop and yes i chose the options to do a new install and all it did was go through the installation basically ignoring the fact its allready installed btw its the same copy of windows xp professional SP2 and my hard drive is a seagate barracuda(i think) ata 100 7200rpm 8mb cache

Xp can create a partition for you during install, but 1st you have to delete the original partition.

it wouldnt let me delete it for some reason it said my system uses it or something i cant remember exactly
oh and can someone link where i should download the newest version of ubuntu i think im gonna start with that

Back