need for speed shift

CyberJunk

Supreme [H]ardness
this game looks great wondering if the grahics are the same on pc , ps3 or xbox ?
i wanna play it on my 55inch tv but not if the graphics will be slow or shitty
thanks !

I hope its not as bad as nfs undercover. That game is horrible. I should've never bought it.

It looks like a really fun arcadey race game.
Hopefully NFS took a step in the right direction with this game.

I cant wait to play this with my g25.

I fear this as well. I honestly haven't enjoyed a Need for Speed since Underground 1 and 2.

Likewise, but only underground 1. I think they messed with the game too much in 2.

When 1 came out it was so god damn fun! when 2 came out I didn't give a damn

Shift is being done by a totally different developer. Black Box, the old NFS devs, was closed after Undercover bombed. The studio doing Shift is known for the GTR series. Apparently the game is a mix between sim and arcade, ala Dirt and Grid. Beyond that I've actually been keeping myself on a bit of a media blackout of the game because I want to be surprised by it.

the game has this unique driver view and you can actually use your mirrors while driving !
it looks like your really driving a car. all the videos of the game are teh xbox verison and they look so damn good. i keep thinking this would look awesome on a 55inch tv
my plan is to get 3 ps3 games on sept. 15 marvel ultimate alliance 2 nhl 10 and nfs shift

Shift is being done by a totally different developer. Black Box, the old NFS devs, was closed after Undercover bombed. The studio doing Shift is known for the GTR series. Apparently the game is a mix between sim and arcade, ala Dirt and Grid. Beyond that I've actually been keeping myself on a bit of a media blackout of the game because I want to be surprised by it.

well then that gives some of us a little more hope that the games going to actually be worth playing now..

the game has this unique driver view and you can actually use your mirrors while driving !
it looks like your really driving a car. all the videos of the game are teh xbox verison and they look so damn good. i keep thinking this would look awesome on a 55inch tv
my plan is to get 3 ps3 games on sept. 15 marvel ultimate alliance 2 nhl 10 and nfs shift

MUA2 is coming out on the 15th as well? Damn. Is it getting a PC release?

well then that gives some of us a little more hope that the games going to actually be worth playing now..

Yeah. I learned that little bit of info and then ignored the rest of the stuff on the game. It wasn't even intentional at first, but just got to the point where I might as well keep ignoring it until it releases and then play and review it for myself.

I'm still hoping for a demo lol...

There is NO way I'm buying the game without having played it on my PC first. I don't feel like bending over for them.

MUA2 is coming out on the 15th as well? Damn. Is it getting a PC release?

Yeah. I learned that little bit of info and then ignored the rest of the stuff on the game. It wasn't even intentional at first, but just got to the point where I might as well keep ignoring it until it releases and then play and review it for myself.

lol outside of the 2 commercials ive seen for the game and this thread.. i really havent payed any attention to the game.. maybe it has to do with the fact that NFS hasnt been worth a damn since NFSU1

I have high hopes that Shift will be good. EA scrapped the old NFS development model, and Shift is the first game that is supposed to come out of the new dual-developer system, which means its development has been 2X as long as the previous games.

I didn't care for underground 1 or 2, but I think NFS Most Wanted is definitely the highlight of the series. I still play it from time to time.

I'd really love to get things like Porsche Unleashed or High Stakes, and not that Underground "stick the neon under your car" tuning garbage. NFS died for me after Hot Pursuit 2, couldn't get into all those underground/undercover/carbon crap

Gimme back high stakes, 16 lap circuits with dmg model, or NFS:Ferrari made by NFS:porsche team, and I'm more then happy :)

bestbuy is giving away a logitech wheel for $20 if you buy NFS shift or dirt 2 on sept 15th

logitech driving force for either ps3 or xbox 360

i don't know how good the wheel is

logitech driving force for either ps3 or xbox 360

i don't know how good the wheel is

Driving Force? Pro or GT? Either way, it's one of the best wheels (for the money) after the G25/27 and Fanatech wheels. But it's only PC and PS3 compatible, it doesn't work with the Xbox 360. They must have it wrong.

its not the gt

this is the wheel
I don;t know if its worth it or not I know the GT is alot better than this wheel
and obviously the G25 which is their best wheel

Oh, it's the Wireless version. It's not as good as the Pro/GT, still, for $20 you can't really complain much. Although having no pedals... ewwww

this game looks great wondering if the grahics are the same on pc , ps3 or xbox ?
i wanna play it on my 55inch tv but not if the graphics will be slow or shitty
thanks !

get it on the pc. it will run at 30fps on the consoles according to EA.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_avalanche_of_videos_for_shift-8493_en.html

news_avalanche_of_videos_for_shift-8493.jpg

957702_20090902_790screen003.jpg

Need For Speed SHIFT Video Game, Career Walkthrough Part 1 HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Need For Speed SHIFT Video Game, Career Walkthrough Part 2 HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Career mode walkthrough above ^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WsU4417o9U&feature=player_embedded more videos

Last edited:
I'd really love to get things like Porsche Unleashed or High Stakes, and not that Underground "stick the neon under your car" tuning garbage. NFS died for me after Hot Pursuit 2, couldn't get into all those underground/undercover/carbon crap

Gimme back high stakes, 16 lap circuits with dmg model, or NFS:Ferrari made by NFS:porsche team, and I'm more then happy :)

That style of racing died a long time ago. I was playing an old purely arcade racer the other day and it felt so weird. The upgrade system in modern racers has added a lot to the genre. The whole "add bling" crap has started to fade out. Most Wanted was an excellent game, easily up there with HP and HP2. Most Wanted had the nice touches of a, for the time, modern racer with the feel of the old arcade racers included. Its actually kind of funny how little content we got for our $50 back in the 90s and how much we really didn't care about that.

HMMM really 30fps ?
so basically all the footage we have seen is the pc verison ?
thats really disapointing i wanted to enjoy this on my ps3 and also the ps3 has some resale with trades
maybe i will rent this title first

iam getting 2 games on sept 15th for next to nothing MUA2 and nhl 10

should i wait on purchasing this game ?

Up to you man. IGN UK put up their review. I haven't read it though. I try not to read reviews for games I plan on reviewing. I'm getting the game cheap from a friend of mine who runs a game store so I'm going to get it next week.

I WISsh toys r us was running another giftcard deal so i could get a price match at bestbuy

well post your experience . Are you going to be playing it before tuesday ?

I didn't care for underground 1 or 2, but I think NFS Most Wanted is definitely the highlight of the series. I still play it from time to time.

Hah, I was skimming through the thread for someone to mention most wanted. It's my favorite by far. Underground was fun, but got tired of playing at night time constantly.

Its pretty far from unique, most racing sims have cockpit views... STUNTS and Test Drive 3 back in the early 90s had cockpit views :p

yea but this one looks diffrent it feels more real
there is a good sense of motion like iam really in a car driving

Back