• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need for Speed: Shift or Dirt 2?

Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
3,622
I have the option of getting a game from a website (free), and I've narrowed it down between these two.
I've played the Dirt 2 demo, and while I liked it, I sucked at the part I did really like (the rally car racing). But then again, this is why I don't play realistic sims like GT right now.
Shift looks good graphically, and I've liked NFS games before (Underground), but this seems a lot different, and maybe not as much variety as Dirt 2 could offer.

On top of that, I have the option to get a Logitech Driving Force Pro for about $50, and was thinking of getting that. This is all for the PS3.

Help. :confused:
 
tough to say. Wheel isnt going to be optimal for either game since they are both arcade based and not very sim. I can only speak for Dirt 2 since i own it, but havent played NFS. The gameplay in Dirt 2 is fantastic. Its a very fun game, and if you can suck it up for a few races you will get the hang of the controls on dirt etc. What does annoy me is the complete sellout of the game to the "EXXXTREEEEME Crowd". Fortunately you can turn off the voices of other drivers.

As for NFS, finally its getting good reviews after a long time in the gutter. It looks pretty amazing and im sure it will be fun, but from trailers there seems to be a mix of burnout and grid to it. Which may not be a bad thing.


I think you will enjoy either game. I personally prefer the rally aspect, but i may still end up picking up shift anyway if it keeps getting good reviews. Im a sucker for any decent racing game.
 
what is the website? i want free games too!

i would go with dirt 2 and forget about the steering wheel. Shift looks good , but gran turismo is not too far away either so just skip it.
 
Well I'm leaning towards Dirt 2 anyways, so think I might just go with that. As for the steering wheel, he is selling it so cheap because he wants me to start playing GT, and with the car amount and graphics of the next one, I want to as well. That wasn't for these games, but I didn't know how it would perform with them either. The site is Lockerz, which I could send you an invite to, but you take a while to earn points and stuff.
 
I'd pick SHIFT. The Dirt 2 demo did not impress me.

That aside, they've very different types of game.
 
Is there a demo for Shift? Every few years they actually make a good NFS game. Most Wanted was the last good one, so they're due.
 
I'd go with Dirt 2. While the graphics on Shift are gorgeous I think they missed their mark of "sim racer." Get Dirt 2 and save the street racing for GT5.
 
I just found out they have a Wii for 250....I'm getting that and selling it. May still pickup Dirt though. But Dirt is my choice. Thanks
 
Back
Top