need feedback

frtl97

Limp Gawd
I have been checking into a new power supply and came across the corsair builder
series. Has anyone have any expierence with these ? I would like any positive and
negative replies. I would welcome replies that state whats inside.
thanks

The Corsair Builder Series PSUs are made up of CWT-built units that have not been rated to perform to their rated specs at internal operating temperatures above 30°C/86°F (inside the PSU itself, not inside the PC or room). And being lower-end CWT designs (using the CWT DSA platform), they are not as energy-efficient as higher-end PSH-II and DSG units from the same manufacturer.

They are decent PSUs, but their build quality is not as good as Corsair's higher-end offerings. They are well-suited for budget and low-end PCs, but for higher-power machines and gaming rigs, I would recommend a higher-quality unit.

Last edited:
I was afraid you would say that, i just got a pc together for a freind and a corsair 450 watt
just died, there are no great bpower demands but think i will go with a 550 watt as i
will be putting a 4890 card in once i get it back from the same person i loaned this power supply to.
but thaks for the input.

Back