• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NEED FAST HELP ... Printer Problem!!

Kaiga

Gawd
Joined
Feb 2, 2005
Messages
827
Ok, here''s the thing, my printer keeps printing a bunch of random crap and it is wasting ink. Its mainly smileys, spades, hearts, little mailboxes and lots of other things. I have tried unplugging it for a whole half hour, and then turned it back on and it still wont quit printing. There are no recent documents for it to print at the moment. I just need to get what ever's in its memory out. IT wont stop!! help! thanks in advance....
 
oh yeah, btw, I'm unable to get into the printer toolbox, cause of AUTOEXEC missing. but i know that isnt the problem. It has printed fine in the past, but all of a sudden it is printing all this ink wasting crap.
 
Sounds like a virus or something??!! That's what I thought right after reading your post.... I have no idea. Are your cables alright? Not broken, plugged in all the way? That's very odd. :confused:
 
Shut down your system completely, including the printer. Unplug the printer as well to clear the cache. Wait a minute or two, bring it all back up again, and see if that doesn't fix it. I've seen this happen with several HP's in the past.

If that doesn't work, try unistalling and reinstalling the drivers for your printer. Also, check to make sure the data cables are tight.

Ax
 
Its ok, i fixed it. btw, I tried shuttting down the system and Printer for half a hour, yes all the cables are fine cause this printer was installed two years ago, it was actually because one of my pc's had a document to print last night and this one had to print something and they seem to had a problem, it was stuck in test mode, but I went into the printers properties and stopped it there. thanks for your time though.
 
Back
Top