need fans please help

LoBoxJa

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
153
well i just o/c my processor to 4.0ghz and my v8 is not able to cool it when i stress the cpu with prime95 so i have a TRUE120 extreme lying around

decided to use that but i need some recommendations on the fans i should use

the things i want in the fan are:

not that loud i think it should be at least less than 40dba

able to move a good amount of air inorder to cool my cpu

my current case is Coolermaster Cosmos S with 2 fans pulling air in the case from outside those fans i will not change just the ones plan to put on the TRUE
 
Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450 or 1850rpm. I have the 1850rpm running on my Cogage TRUE Spirit and it works wonderfully.
 
where do you think is a good place to buy? i notice some websites charge outrageous shipping charges
 
+1 for jab-tech. I just got my order from them today. When I placed my order I was sort of pissed about paying for the shipping, but when I got my package I realized that 11 fans are actually fairly heavy. I like my Scythe Slipstream 1900RPM fans, though if you don't need that much airflow you can get the 1600RPM version.
 
Last edited:
Jab Tech seems good. I bought a Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1450 from them a couple weeks ago. However, I returned the fan, because it makes a high-pitch noise that I cannot live with, so instead I went with Noctua NF-P12.
 
do you guys think the Scythe Slipstream 1200rpm version would be sufficient in a push/pull config on a TRUE120 to handle my overclock?
 
where do you think is a good place to buy? i notice some websites charge outrageous shipping charges.

I ordered mine from Koolertek. It's owned by a fellow [H]ard member, prices were good, and shipping was very reasonable. CS and shipping were both great and fast.
 
Back
Top