Need fan help for a BIP3

JokerNut

Limp Gawd
I am buying a BIP3 from Directron, can't pass up the price, and wanted to know what would be the best fans go get for it. I'm going to put it into a CM Stacker and am thinking of getting 3 Yate-loons from Jab-tech to put on it.

So with that said, here are my questions...
1. Will three of the Yate-loons have enough effect on the BIP3?
2. If not, do I need to get six of them and put them in a push/pull or do I need to go with different fans all together, like the Ever Cool Aluminum Low Noise fans?
3. How much better is the push/pull than just pulling air through a BIP3?

I've been searching around the forums and other places and haven't really gotten a good idea about the Yate-loon fans. So please let me know if they will work or not.

Thanks in advance,
JN

well the BIP does not need as extreme CFM fans as the extreme series so the yate loons should be enough. Push/Pull reall does not give you all that much lower of temps, 1-2 max, and is not really worth the extra noise IMO.

With the BIP series of radiators (or the Swiftech comparable MC series) is it generally better to push air through the radiators or pull air through them?

Thanks for the quick reply Kid8. I think I'll try the Yate-loons and see how they do in a pull.

Sexual Chocolate -- From what I have read pulling is better than pushing air through because when the fans are in a push environment the air gets backed up due to the restrictive blades in the radiator. So the amount of air that the fans are pushing into the rad is less than the amount that the fan is suppose to push.

Now when a fan is in a pull environment, it can pull the air through the rad easier because the air going through the rad is not getting forced into it.

Think of it like pushing a string through a tube as to pulling the string though, granted that the string has already been threaded through the tube. When you push the string it has a tendency to get bunched put at the entrance of the tube, but when you pull the string through there is not bunching up.

Hope that helps.

I have the BIP2. Love it for the price. Since its not as thick as the BIX, you dont need 110CM to max out their effiency. The yate-loons should work great.

Most of the time, i have my fans volted down to 5 watts anyways, and only turn them up when im gaming.

I have 3 yate loons on my BIP120.3. They wok VERY well. Just put them in the "pull" postion.

does anybody have a link to an actual study of push vs. pull .. i'm thinking the actual real world difference is close to 0% .. especially if the rad isn't your heat bottle neck .. as is usually the case with bip3(not the bottleneck)...

i just orderd three yate loon 1350rpms from j-mag.. better than any deal on the web..

mal

Don't get evercool aluminum fans unless you want to drill new holes in the bipro3. However, if thats not a problem they look excellent and I can't barely hear them at full 12v if at all.

Mm, regardless of whether your fan is in a Push or a Pull config, Pulling air through is usually quieter.

Back