Need: Fan controller and card reader

Jeffman

Gawd
Hey all!

I've been looking for like 2 weeks, can't find any that I like...

I need a fan controller, and a card reader. Both 5.25" Can be separate, or all in one, doesn't matter much to me.

Fan controller needs at least 4 channels, prefer 5. 6 would also be okay.
Card reader just needs to read a variety of cards.

I don't really want something with front firewire ports, obnoxious lights, eSATA ports, or really even audio ports. I can deal with front USB ports, but if I can find one without those that would be awesome.

Any ideas from anyone?? These should be simple to find, but they're not!

Where are you searching from? NewEgg is a great starting point, even if it's only to find a part rather than buy it.

Are you looking for a fan controller that supports three-pin fans or four-pin fans? Do you need an internal or external (USB 3.0?) card reader?

Where are you searching from? NewEgg is a great starting point, even if it's only to find a part rather than buy it.

Are you looking for a fan controller that supports three-pin fans or four-pin fans? Do you need an internal or external (USB 3.0?) card reader?

I've checked Newegg, Amazon, Directron, TigerDirect, MicroCenter. Nothing I really liked...

As for your other questions:

3 pin fans would be perfect.

Internal card reader, doesn't matter if it's 2.0 or 3.0. I have no 3.0 header, so I'd have to buy an adapter for it, but it would future proof me for the next build so it's okay.

Budget doesn't really matter, willing to spend more if I like it. $30-$40 for something I don't really like isn't okay with me.

I just checked them out, nothing really that I fell in love with. Ugh, these parts of a build just get irritating sometimes. Kind of wish this case had a 3.5" drive bay.

Back