Need eyefinity/multiple display expert!!

mooreck3

n00b
Hey guys,

So here's the deal, I have a need to run 6 monitors at 1080x1920 which in itself is no big deal. The question I have is this: Will 2 x HD 7950s be able to runs these with 3 of the monitors being cloned? I know I can do this with 3 seperate cards, but given what I have o work with at work, I may only have the option to use 2 cards. Thanks in advance!

Chris

Why dont you just use the asus direct cu ii 7970, or the msi lightning 7970 , they have 6 outputs. 2 can go dvi and the other 4 have to be active dp adapters. I have an asus at home and run 5 monitors on it right now....it will probably cost you less too. Because even with 2 7950's you will still have to run 2 of the monitors (1 on each) using an active dp adapter. ...Just a thought

You can do this easily if your displays have displayport, and you're using ATI cards. Two ATI cards with the correct combo of displayports, HDMI and DVI ports should be able to drive this no problem, and certain single cards with 6 mini displayports can do this as well.

I don't have a lot of love for the "Active" displayport adapters, so try to get monitors that support displayport natively.

Thanks for the ideas. The cloning of three of the monitors is more of a concern to me than cost.... Not my money:D

Back