Need Expert Advised.

|CMF|SoulAssassin

Limp Gawd
Hey Guys I've encounter a little problem, My router seems to be working fine when I'm not messing around with it, For instance when i try to open up some ports, (port forwarding) Then that's when all hell breaks, What I'm trying to do is open VNC ports so i could log in my computer via remotely from a difference location for example work. I'm able to access the router and even change WEP passwords look at attached devices view mac addresses do everything except for Port Forwarding, When i hit that button i get disconnected from The Internet, and it says page un able to view weird eh ?I have to do a hard reset in order to get service back up. Other then that its seems to be working fine with my wireless connection and Wired Connection

I have One Computer physically connected to it and 2 Laptops and one Desktop on Wireless Connection

I don't know maybe update firmware or update Versions ? but yet one i search for Update version build in the router it says You have Current Update

model Number is - WGT624

Thanks in Advanced

May want to reset router to factory defaults and try again.
Empty temp internet files in browser cache.
I've noticed some routers prefer to be managed with IE versus an alternate browser like Firefox.
Or...try firefox..in case your IE has too many adware ridden toolbars on it.

And..make life much easier for yourself..just setup logmein.com on your home PC...1 user is free, don't have to deal with dynamic DNS services, don't have to deal with opening/forwarding ports on the router, and it runs smoother than VNC. I can't think of a single advantage of using VNC.

May want to reset router to factory defaults and try again.
Empty temp internet files in browser cache.
I've noticed some routers prefer to be managed with IE versus an alternate browser like Firefox.
Or...try firefox..in case your IE has too many adware ridden toolbars on it.

And..make life much easier for yourself..just setup logmein.com on your home PC...1 user is free, don't have to deal with dynamic DNS services, don't have to deal with opening/forwarding ports on the router, and it runs smoother than VNC. I can't think of a single advantage of using VNC.

Yeah I've tried that Tried opening it with IE7 and Firefox, and it still does that, Even did a Factory Reset and no luck, Emptied out my Temp Internet File In the browser cache and no luck

How's this Logmein program is it really fast,free,reliable,quality ?I need something reliable were I'm constantly remotely checking on a few Security surveillance Cameras systems. Can Multiple computers hook up to 1 remote computer ?

Get a router that's a little better than one that is "free after rebate" and you will have better results with it. Save the WGT624 to prop up a short table leg. :)

What router do you recommend for me ? I was thinking maybe this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127215

What router do you recommend for me ? I was thinking maybe this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127215

That D-Link has had pretty good feedback from what I've seen, I have no idea what the current best consumer router is though.

I had one of those WGT624 boxes a couple of years ago so I know first hand that it's junk. I went from that to a slightly less crappy router, then to a WRAP box running m0n0wall and have been extremely happy with that. I also use a D-Link DI-634M as a WAP that works great.

Back