Need duplex document scanner

mrmagoo_83

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
3,068
I've been scanning my documents with my epson workforce printer, but it's simplex. I'm looking for advice on a more efficient way of scanning documents. Should I look at a duplex scanner, or look for a printer that has duplex scanning capabilities? My printer is over five years old and needs ink so the sound option might make more financial since.

I simply know nothing about printers or scanners. Would rather spend less than $200 for a good all in one, or around $100 for just a scanner.

Suggestions?
 
Good duplex document scanners cost well over $100. You could get a multifunction printer with an ADF, but you'll run into the same problems you had with your old printer.

Two scanners to consider are the Brother ImageCenter ADS-1000W and the Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300i. I'm familiar with the Fujitsu ScanSnap family; they're good scanners but they don't use TWAIN drivers. Every scanning function runs through the proprietary Fujitsu software.

If you want to stay within your $100 limit, you're stuck with simplex "travel" scanners like the Epson WorkForce DS-30 or the Brother DS-620.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top