Need dial up access for handheld but don't want service. Ideas?

IceWindus

n00b
Hey guys, need some help here. My new job requires me to use a flash based handheld to keep track of my inventory on my company rig, product transfers, recieving/shipping UPS shipments...ect..ect..

The problem is that the only access I have to my work server in St Louis is through a dial up server so I have to pay for a freaking basic phone line that I don't use anything else for except this HH and im getting tired of paying a monthly bill for it.

Anyone know or come across any kind of gizmo that would allow me to dial up through my existing cable broadband or perhaps even use my cell phone as a modem?

I've already tried to get the company to reimburse me seeings how its for "work" related usage but they wont' go for it.

please explain your setup a little better i dont understand what you do? what exactly is this handheld you speak of?

If they require you to have access but won't pay for it, I'd tell them where to get off. These days there are a lot of people who have broadband and cell phones who see no need for a land line.

AMD_Gamer said:
please explain your setup a little better i dont understand what you do? what exactly is this handheld you speak of?

The hand held is basically like a glorified PDA thats built to withstand ALOT of abuse with a touchscreen. Its only connection to the outside world is a built in modem and im sick of having to pay for a land line just for this thing and I wanna find some kind of "device" that will allow me to hook up dial up wise using either broadband or cell phone

Back