Need CrossFire Overclocking Help / Tips

TiTON

Gawd
Hey Fellow [H],

I have been playing with SLI, and I love it. So much fun. So I decided to try my hands at Crossfire. I figure overclocking SLI was easy, so Crossfire shoudl be the same. Well. I was completely wrong :(

When I got crossfire up and running, I ran 3DMark, and did notice a nice bump in score. So I knew it was working. So I decided to start OC'ing the card.

I turned on ATI Tool, and started bumping up the Mem and GPU till it artifacted, and turned both down a few notches.

So I started benchign again, and score didn't go up as much as I thought it would. So I wandered in the Setting, and noticed I can pick the 2nd card. So I did, and went back to ATI tool, and noticed it was back at STOCK!!.. So the card 1 was oc'ed and card 2 was stock.

Ok.. Here are the questions I have:

1. Can you OC Both cards at the same time?
2. Can each card run at different GPU / Mem speed?
3. Any easier way to OC the Crossfire, other then ATITool?

Sorry if these are n00b questions, but I didn't have these problems with SLI at all.

So any insight would greatly be appreciated.

SAD

SuAsDu said:
Hey Fellow [H],

I have been playing with SLI, and I love it. So much fun. So I decided to try my hands at Crossfire. I figure overclocking SLI was easy, so Crossfire shoudl be the same. Well. I was completely wrong :(

When I got crossfire up and running, I ran 3DMark, and did notice a nice bump in score. So I knew it was working. So I decided to start OC'ing the card.

I turned on ATI Tool, and started bumping up the Mem and GPU till it artifacted, and turned both down a few notches.

So I started benchign again, and score didn't go up as much as I thought it would. So I wandered in the Setting, and noticed I can pick the 2nd card. So I did, and went back to ATI tool, and noticed it was back at STOCK!!.. So the card 1 was oc'ed and card 2 was stock.

Ok.. Here are the questions I have:

1. Can you OC Both cards at the same time?
2. Can each card run at different GPU / Mem speed?
3. Any easier way to OC the Crossfire, other then ATITool?

Sorry if these are n00b questions, but I didn't have these problems with SLI at all.

So any insight would greatly be appreciated.

SAD

Wow you don't read much. I don't use Crossfire, but...

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Overdrive probably. Rivatuner maybe. Crossfire users will know for sure.

rincewind said:
Wow you don't read much. I don't use Crossfire, but...
Rincewind - Theory and hands-on are two different things :) I have read posts, but some had conflicting information. So I wanted to get some guide from people who had 1st hand experiences with crossfire.

boomheadshot45 & Fallguy - Thanks for the links and tips :)

SAD

Back