need crossfire help

VladDracule

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all,

I just did a fresh install of windows 7 on my P180 from Mythlogic.

Of course i downloaded and installed the latest video driver from amd which is CCC 13.4, i am using dual 6990m

This software is not giving me an option to enable crossfire anywhere in it. Both cards are recognized in device manager under Display Adapters.

Also in my toolbox if i right click on the CCC icon it shows me 4 display adapter setting options (this always was true for when crossfire is disabled, whenever i had it enabled it shrinks down to 2, im not sure why).

Also if i go into CCC Start>Information>Product Summary>Hardware it shows me two cards. Primary Adapter, and then below that, Disabled Adapter. I have no clue what is going on here how do i fix it so i can get my crossfire back?

On a side note just now i swapped the card positions, tested both on their own in the masters slot and they seem 100% functional (i just powered up and there is a video feed then powered down) and swapped their positions with the crossfire card, and even flipped the crossfire cable and absolutely nothing is helping. idk what to do next. Ive tried 10+ uninstall/driver sweeper/reinstall ccc but nothing is letting me enable crossfire again, what do i do?

So you have a mobile system? I'm not sure what you mean by 6990m?

If you have dual 6990 cards with a crossfire bridge in place, the CCC should identify the cards as in Crossfire.

There my be a glitch in 13.4. Have you tried the 13.5 beta driver ?

Check to see if the manufactuer has a driver, it may be configured specifically for that system.

Run that AMD mobile verification tool they have on their website.

I bet you have a driver-specific issue.

The problem with the manufactures driver is it is over 2 years old

I just did the verification tool and nothing changed, still have the same issue

Last edited:
I am having the same problem with getting my crossfire working. I have spent too many hours attempting to find a solution, I spend almost an hour with AMD tech support and tbh he had not idea, all of the suggestions he made, I have already tried. The part of the Catalyst software that gives the option to activate crossfire, just isn't there.
I guess the only difference for me is that it hasn't worked at all since adding my second XFX R7870 card , whereas, it sounds like you have had yours working at some point, and now it won't. If anyone has any ideas, please share them.
Thanks

Back