• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need Cooling Help

Ripped85

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
195
I have an AMD 64 3200+, evga 6800GT gfx card, Asus K8V SE Deluxe and my comp is hitting 45-52C...i have a coolermaster wavemaster case and am using stock fans. I have around $75 to play with for quiet cooling, what do you guys think I should get?
 
Ripped85 said:
I have an AMD 64 3200+, evga 6800GT gfx card and my comp is hitting 45-52C...i have a coolermaster wavemaster case and am using stock fans. I have around $75 to play with for quiet cooling, what do you guys think I should get?

Whats your cpu temp?
 
If you want quiet cooling, then be prepared to run at slightly higher temperatures... unless you spend some money. ;)

Is your entire "comp" hitting 45-52C or just the CPU? What's cooling your CPU now?
 
Stock stuff..

I have Asus Probe to check...what other programs are out that can give me temps?

Mobo = 34C right now..i have the windows open with freezing air in my room...so it's cooler than normal now
 
Just throwing my two cents in... If you aren't looking for a higher oc, I wouldn't have a $75 problem with your temps.
 
i'm not ocing..my comp just gets hot and loud..maybe it's my vid card fan?

I just wanna keep my comp nice and cool
 
That vid card runs damn hot. I would search this forum for a simple mod. EX: on my 7800 I took off the stock plastic casing around the hs and replaced it with a 80mm fan, zip-tied to the hs. Dropped my temps big-time and keeps rest of pc cool. In any case, unless you plan on keeping all those components 5+ years, I think you are stressing yourself over nothing.
 
well i actually feel my computer being stressed lol..it's a painful noise...

Maybe it's the vid card..are there fans i can buy to replace the fan on my vid card?
 
Back
Top