Need Comcast router registering page...

zoobaby

Supreme [H]ardness
Been a long time since I had to setup a router on a home network. I know that Comcast used to register the computer to the network via Mac address. I know that you can clone the address to get around this as well. However, Comcast also has a website to go to and register your router as well. Does anyone have that web address?

they do nothing of the sort.

the only thing you need to do is:

disconnect current computer/router.
plug new one in.
unplug power on modem for 30-60 seconds.
plug power back in.

If you have their voice over IP package..you'll have the Arris MTA (modem). Unplugging the AC cord will not erase it's memory..you also need to remove the battery...cover on the bottom..battery slides out.

As noted above...with Comcast..they do not register MACs...their modems memorize the first device they attach to. If you change devices..very simply power cycle the modem, it will "forget" the prior devices MAC, learn the new one. Power cycle the new router/device to "release/renew" once the modem synchs up...done.

No need for that silly MAC cloning bandaid trick.

I know that Comcast used to register the computer to the network via Mac address

That's the key word.

Home networks are a damn easy to set up nowadays even compared to just a few years ago.

That's the key word.

Home networks are a damn easy to set up nowadays even compared to just a few years ago.

I remember having to put a label in the back of my NIC so I knew what my smoothwall's MAC was in case I had to replace it. :(

It's so good to know those days are gone and only a modem reboot is needed to get a new IP lease!

Back