Need closed headphones sub $50

koopaGG

2[H]4U
I own a pair of HD202's and they have been wonderful! But they have been dropped one too many times and the right channel is now dead.

I already have a zalman clip mic and I really don't want to spend that much, $20-50, cheaper is better, as money is tight.

I play a lot of games, listen to loads of music (metal and techno, so bass is nice :)), and watch movies.

What should I go with?

Okay, you see that sticky on this very topic at the top of the CA forum? Read it. Then ask if you have more questions - but I don't see any asked yet that it doesn't answer pretty well.

Okay, you see that sticky on this very topic at the top of the CA forum? Read it. Then ask if you have more questions - but I don't see any asked yet that it doesn't answer pretty well.

Well where do you buy those headphones?

I figured maybe they are discontinued, because the JVC HA-RX700 is not on newegg, amazon, zipzoomfly, tiger, or even ebay. It's sold out on buy.com

The only places I've seen it is places I have never heard of.

Amazon doesn't have the 700s at the moment, but they have the 900s for $58--so, if you can stretch your budget that's a solid answer. If not, wait until they're back in stock.

Or, if that's no good, I believe the Koss SB40s were the previously regarded as best value headphones around these parts. Amazon's got em for in stock for 33.99.

I doubt they're discontinued, but it may be hard to get an accurate restock date. The SB40 is a solid choice if you're in a hurry.

Since you said cheaper is better and money is a little funny right now, I'd second (third, actually) that you should wait for the 700s if you can or get the SB40s if you need them now.

the jvc is superior to the sb40. the koss ur29 is the same drivers as sb40 but no mic. goes for 20$

the jvc harx700 is sold out everywhere! another option is the jvc hag770. sounds almost the same as the harx700. the hag770 has a little more bass and a little higher highs, not as 'smooth' as the harx700. the sound is so close they probably use the same drivers. the harx700 is more comfy. the hag770 goes for 28$ on amazon. (u can have mine cheap as i have both!)

Back