Haven't built anything since my workstation in 2013, which i'm writing this post on and still works great!
I have a graphics artist that is using After Effects (CPU clock speed biased), Cinema 4D (CPU&GPU), and Octane Renderer (GPU biased).
She needs a new build that hopefully has the flexibility to add additional GPUs in the future. We currently have a GTX 1070ti, GTX 770, and GTX 670 that we could use for rendering, although I suspect we mainly would keep the 1070ti and just get another 1070ti or better.
I have monitors and keyboards and what not, so just need the following:
-Case that ideally can house a motherboard that can hold 4 GPUs or have a connection for an external GPU housing
-PSU that can run 4 GTX1070ti's or better
-Highest possible CPU clock speed, keeping in mind bang for the buck.
-Most threads available while keeping the highest clock speed (Threadripper 1950x for example)
-GPUs that offer the best cost/performance ratio. (More cards would probably be more efficient compared to higher end models at the same total cost)
-At least 32GB of RAM
-2 SSDs (one reliable one for OS and one for cache)
-One spinner for larger file storage
-32GB of ram minimum
I live in Seattle, WA.
Budget would ideally be less than $2k with a single GPU1070ti or lower (thinking about 3x GTX 1060)
No Overclocking or RAID needed
Monitor resolution will be 1920x1080 maybe up to 1440p
I have a graphics artist that is using After Effects (CPU clock speed biased), Cinema 4D (CPU&GPU), and Octane Renderer (GPU biased).
She needs a new build that hopefully has the flexibility to add additional GPUs in the future. We currently have a GTX 1070ti, GTX 770, and GTX 670 that we could use for rendering, although I suspect we mainly would keep the 1070ti and just get another 1070ti or better.
I have monitors and keyboards and what not, so just need the following:
-Case that ideally can house a motherboard that can hold 4 GPUs or have a connection for an external GPU housing
-PSU that can run 4 GTX1070ti's or better
-Highest possible CPU clock speed, keeping in mind bang for the buck.
-Most threads available while keeping the highest clock speed (Threadripper 1950x for example)
-GPUs that offer the best cost/performance ratio. (More cards would probably be more efficient compared to higher end models at the same total cost)
-At least 32GB of RAM
-2 SSDs (one reliable one for OS and one for cache)
-One spinner for larger file storage
-32GB of ram minimum
I live in Seattle, WA.
Budget would ideally be less than $2k with a single GPU1070ti or lower (thinking about 3x GTX 1060)
No Overclocking or RAID needed
Monitor resolution will be 1920x1080 maybe up to 1440p
Last edited: