• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need bootable MS DOS for CD or thumb drive

polive

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
1,283
I'm looking for a bootable cd or thumb drive (image I guess) that I can load directly from bootup. New machine at work will not recognize my compact flash. But that's a whole other issue.

The compact flash I need I think I'm getting in the morning. It's an 8GB fixed disk. If that's bootable too, that would be great. We're trying to load XP Pro SP2 , not XP embedded, to this Compact Flash, no luck with the "removable" CF's. They say it must be fixed disk format. It's being overnighted for Friday morning receiving at work.

But really need a link to the MS DOS Win98 compatible.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
 
Didn't need the MSDOS bootable, but did get the CF card to install XP Pro.

BTW if anyone needs to do this get an INDUSTRIAL CF card (must be fixed disk readable). They are expensive. The one I got is a Transcend 8GB Industrial for $300 (company pays for them what do I care? :) They are for our work though. Works great if anyone needs to use this kind of drive on a laptop, etc.
 
yeah, that's where I got it from, but turns out this time I don't need it. Thanks.
 
Back
Top