Need Big Advice

Badr

n00b
Hi
I am 45 years old,i came to USA in 1989 from Morocco at that time ,i graduated from technical school (2 years program in information systems ) and i worked 1 year in consultant company in Morocco doing programming in Dbase III+ ,Cobol and Basic.I came to USA with a student visa so i have to strart learning english first it was in NYC so i used to pay 500$ a month for a while and the same working in restaurants, so i stoped going to english school it was very expensive and i couldn't keep up with payent so my visa expired and i am stuck here,make story short i got married in 96 and i am working as independant contractor for courier company doing deliveries in 1999 i went to technical schhol in weekend sat and sunday for 1 year learning networking in 2000 i got my CCNA but the wife wasn't working i have baby boy in 2000 and morgage so i couldn't leave what i do to pay for the bills and look for a job in networking and i did some solaris too in same school in wekend.In 2003 the wife started going to school for nursing ,she garduated in 2006 and now she'working as RN nurse in NYC,in summer of 2007 i lost the contract with the courier company so now i am out of job ,sitting home learning networking through those cbt videos ,becuase ccna expires i was thinking to renew and start again looking for job but i have no experience , by the way i am an American Citizen now and proud of it.
So please give me some advice what to do ,i love to work in computer field specially networking.
At home i have a cisco 2524

Thank you for reading my shorth life story and giving me some advice

Do what we all do...

Create a resume and start job hunting.
www.monster.com
www.dice.com
www.careerbuilder.com

I've got 2 jobs, plus many more offers through monster. I'd start there and see how that pans out for you.

*side note, I was in morocco for a day touring when I was working on Melilla on a house for an entire month. Holy crap it got hot!:eek:

Good luck :)

Yep. Start job hunting. Good luck!

Don't rule out the local newspaper when you're searching. You might find some local jobs that aren't posted online (so there will not be as many applicants to compete with).

thank you for ur responses ,i have 1 more question shall i renew my ccna if yes what's best way to do it ? and same ppl ask me to get A+ certification what u think?

thank you for any input

A+ Certification is a very core one to have, it also doesn't expire, and is fairly easy to obtain.

CCNA, you could renew if you think you've got a chance of getting a job that utilizes that degree, It's very important to have relevant work experience to backup your certifications too. I have done the CCNA Semesters 1-4 (actually took them for free in highschool in 2004, luckily)

I did not pursue my CCNA for a logical reason, my chances of being hired with only a CCNA and no other certification, and NO experience were very slim... and considering it also expires every three years, it's not worth it to me, yet.

Look at the certifications CompTIA offers, http://www.comptia.org/

Back