I've been using a Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w3se for years on my PC, and it's been a good monitor for what I paid, but it now has gigantic blotch on the right side of the screen that can be seen on any light background, so it's time to be re-purposed.
I want to replace my current LCD with an LED of a similar size that is also 1080p (no 1440p for me), but need some help narrowing down my options.
Details:
Used as my main monitor on my PC over DVI
Secondary monitor is a 19" Samsung over DVI
nVidia GTX570 Video Card
Casual gamer on CS:GO and tons of other FPS titles
Also used as primary for watching blu-rays and Netflix
I'd like to go to a 120hz monitor, because I've heard that that will help with gaming on CSGO, but I'm not so hardcore as to go buy a 120Hz CRT to help with one game, this is my total entertainment system here.
My budget is $400-$600, and my goal is a monitor of similar size but better quality and more accurate colors and contrast then my current low-end Westinghouse.
Advice?
I want to replace my current LCD with an LED of a similar size that is also 1080p (no 1440p for me), but need some help narrowing down my options.
Details:
Used as my main monitor on my PC over DVI
Secondary monitor is a 19" Samsung over DVI
nVidia GTX570 Video Card
Casual gamer on CS:GO and tons of other FPS titles
Also used as primary for watching blu-rays and Netflix
I'd like to go to a 120hz monitor, because I've heard that that will help with gaming on CSGO, but I'm not so hardcore as to go buy a 120Hz CRT to help with one game, this is my total entertainment system here.
My budget is $400-$600, and my goal is a monitor of similar size but better quality and more accurate colors and contrast then my current low-end Westinghouse.
Advice?