Need AOL web-cam help

My father is a dial-up AOL user. He got a USB webcam for Christmas. I went over to his place and loaded up the software that came with the camera. It works fine, we can watch ourselves on the monitor.

Now, he wants to be able to send streaming video over AOL. Him being totally computer illiterate and me never having used AOL in my life, I told him to call AOL support.

He called. They asked him what version of AOL he was using, he told them 9 SE. They had him poke around for a bit, and then told him he had version 9 SECURITY EDITION. Then the support bozo told him he needs version 9 SECOND EDITION to use a web-cam. Did AOL really put out two different editions, both labeled version 9 SE?

I told him that sounded wrong, and to call back and ask for a second level tech. He did, and supposedly got one. This guy had him poke around for a while again, then informed him he is running Win 2K (which he is) and that AOL does not support web-cams on Win2K!

So, he's back to square one, and more than a tad upset at the idiots at AOL. Every time I go down to his place I show him how to surf by using AOL's dial-up number, then close the AOL crap and use IE. Unfortunatly, he LIKES the AOL crap!

Has anyone ever set up a USB webcam on AOL? If so, I could really use some help!

Thanks in advance!

Bump to the top one time, I'm heading down there in an hour and would like to have something I can tell him.

Back