need an XL mouse pad recommendation

jamsomito

2[H]4U
Just built a new desk and I want to protect it and improve my mouse feel and tracking. Looking for an XL or extended size pad, roughly 32" x 12".

Some that caught my eye - Glorious PC gaming race extended, Corsair MM200 extended, Aorus extended.

I really like what I've seen of the Aorus, how it cleans up really easy, lays flat, etc. The thing is, the extended one is just too big at 40 inches wide and 15 inches deep. I could get 2 larges, which would be just about the perfect size, but then there's a gap down the middle, and it would be close to $60 (shooting for more like $25-40). Are there any others similar to this that are a bit smaller, but still with the extended form factor? What would you recommend?

TIA for the help.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Perixx DX-2000XXL is only $15 at Amazon. Same dimensions as the Corsair pad.

For that price, I might bite. I was hoping to find something with characteristics similar to the Aorus though - how does this one rate?

I've got 2 Perixx pads. One like that 2000 and a bigger, full desk sized one, the 1000. Both are excellent. Smooth, easy mouse movements. No complaints.

I'd love to see a Pad-Zilla type mouse pad that curves to fit a Galant desk.

Yeah, well that's the reason I can't have one too deep, because it's going on a curved corner desk. I thought that same thing, and while the Galant might be a good desk to pick to model after, it's also no longer in production, and every curved desk probably has a different radius. If you don't match the radius, it might look pretty janky. I'm not sure they would sell very well because of that.

If you could get one to match your desk though it would be awesome.

The Padzilla people offer a Custom Mousepad pad option. I'd send a pic of my Galant desk, but their $160 price tag just ain't gonna cut it. :jawdrop:

I've just been using a trackball for decades now anyway :)

Mice need pads ?

Just teasing a bit.

I've still always liked trackballs though, I remember the first one I bought for the house, was funny watching the wife keep trying to slide it around on the desk, just out of habit.

Easily, but I do not game a lot these days.

Some of the best gamers used to use trackball/keyboard just in general in the past, I'm not alluding to being a stellar gamer, but have been a long shot from being a complete hack for a long time.

I even had two keyboards and one trackball at one time in the past gaming just for some macros, on the second keyboard.

YMMV of course, depending on what you've done over time like anything.

Last edited:
Just got the Perixx pad today. It's the size I wanted, but now after seeing it in person, I might have opted for something a bit taller than 11.5-12 inches.

First impressions:
The smell. Oh man this thing reeks of a rubber/plastics processing plant.
The material feels nice. The sharp edges of my G502 sound like they're catching on it, although it doesn't seem to be affecting the movement at all.
It sticks to the desk nice.
The stitched edges are a nice touch.
It came rolled up, so it doesn't lay flat all the way. It's pretty good, but I'm hoping it levels out before too long.
Protects the desk (y)
It was cheap, but seems of decent quality.

The 1000 is taller and better, IMO. Lays flatter, smoother tracking.

I have the Glorious pad. It is better than I expected (no fraying, smooth yet textured (I've had the monoprice cloth pad, which was smooth and rubbery-feeling...I used it as a wrist cushion with the monoprice aluminum pad on top)). I'm using a Logitech g303, and it glides and stops quite well.

I was going to use this as a desk pad (it provides very little cushion though) and keep using either my dual-surface hard pad or a new uh... Zowie TF-X series cloth pad... but I like the Glorious pad enough that I'm using it...for now.

I've read that the GGing pads are decent as well - but I think they offer control / speed... The Glorious is probably closer to speed.

I had the QCK mini. For an extended, I went with the Ducky Flipper. It's 31.5" by 13.8", so roughly near your dimensions.

It feels like the QCK, but has the same flaw with the non-embroidered edges. Supposedly, this frays. I got my QCK mini in the summer of 2008 and no fraying yet. Threw it on my other desk and it still gets daily (ab)use.

Also available in a Combo with the excellent Ducky Secret mouse.

I had the QCK mini. For an extended, I went with the Ducky Flipper. It's 31.5" by 13.8", so roughly near your dimensions.

It feels like the QCK, but has the same flaw with the non-embroidered edges. Supposedly, this frays. I got my QCK mini in the summer of 2008 and no fraying yet. Threw it on my other desk and it still gets daily (ab)use.

Also available in a Combo with the excellent Ducky Secret mouse.
This - the QCK line is fantastic, I have a smaller one at work (and have had this since 2009, it's on its 4th office now!) and the larger version at home

this one is so cool
41gOBq-O1fL.jpg

Back