Need an x16 PCI Low Profile 3 Head Card

skorpio

n00b
My next project is to build a couple of mITX boxes in tiny cases, leaning towards the Silverstone LC12
http://silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=77&area=en
which looks like I can mod the case pretty easily to hold the card even though there is no expansion slot, but because I have to mod the case to get it in there I'd like to stay with a single slot passively cooled card, and I want to keep the power requirements in the <20W range. Looks like my choices are the Matrox M9138 3 head card or the ATI FirePro 2460 4 head card. Both are mini display port so would be easier to mod into the case than some card with multiple different interfaces, both low wattage <15W and low profile. Does anyone have any experience with either of these cards? ...and I'm will be doing video, but performance of 3D effects and shading is not very important.

I know this forum is not one for business graphics cards, but I'm replacing my big ass multi socket towers with little quiet quad core boxes and would like to run a power brick and a pico supply to move as much heat as I can outside of the case. They'll also be iSCSI boot with only a small local SSD (40-60GB) as a dynamic drive. Currently I'm using fairly old generation ATI X1550s for video, when I look at the few benchmarks that do benchmark these business cards they either put them slightly below or slightly above the X1550s in performance depending on the benchmark criteria, and all 3, my current card and the two candidates all seem to be in around the same lump and of coarse way way down the list compared to the big self powered multi slot gaming cards.

Anyway any opinions of one card over the other?

Back