Need an opinion here...

SomeFknGuy

[H]ard|Gawd
So i have a XFX 7970 that works beautifully, or did until the fans stopped spinning. I'm looking at a few options here to try to figure out the best way to go...

Try to RMA the 7970 which will take who knows how long and i'm stuck with my 4890 xfire setup...free minus shipping
Keep the 7970 and buy an artic extreme which goes for ~$100-130
Sell the 7970(they are averaging about 350 i figure i can probably get $275-300) and buy a r290(x) for around $500ish and be out $200

Would i be better off spending the $130 or so on the upgraded HSF, selling the card and buying a new one, or RMAing it to get who knows what back?

I had dead fan on an old XFX card and they replaced just the fan. I didn't have to send in the card. Only took a couple days.
Any of your options would work, it just depends on whether you want to spend money or not.

290x's are currently $900.00+ USD...dunno where you would pick one up for around 500

Edit: nvm I misread.

Yeah i just put the x for if i could find a used one for cheap, as far as a new card it would have to be a plain jane 290

Ordered the arctic and pulled the old HSF from the card... I'll let you know how things go come monday/tuesday when it arrives... can't wait to get these damn 4890s back into retirement

Back