• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need an AMD CPU...

  • Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 88227

Guest
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1698423

Figured I'd let my fellow folders know about it since I don't think some of you venture to far into other forums. I can pay to have it shipped to me, just let me know the total cost of shipping after you've shipped it and I'll reimburse you via paypal.
 
If you are able to see the bios version, aren't you able to flash the bios as well?
 
if you can see the bios version all you need to do is create a bootable flash drive with the bios and/or flash software if its required, change the boot order and boot off the flash drive and flash the bios.
 
Thats what I thought as well, however after about 30 seconds it locks up and I can't do anything. I can't even get into the setup screen, it locks up before it loads.
 
Welp got the CPU, was able to flash the motherboard; everything going smooth so far.

Gotta head to work, but when I get back I'll be loading Ubuntu 10.10 onto this baby and get it folding some SMP.

Quick question, don't have time to search just yet, but what kind of temperature monitoring software do I have available for Linux to monitor my CPU's temp?

Now I can slowly get all my other boxen back up and running.

Also my q8200 w/ 460 1GB all running stock is pulling ~285W at the wall according to my new toy. Running SMP and GPU clients.
 
Quick question, don't have time to search just yet, but what kind of temperature monitoring software do I have available for Linux to monitor my CPU's temp?

'lm_sensors' for getting the info from the sensors and 'gkrellm' is a nice graphical frontend for viewing.
 
'lm_sensors' for getting the info from the sensors and 'gkrellm' is a nice graphical frontend for viewing.

Thanks!!

Rocking > 50k PPD with everything running now. :D

CPU on the x6 seems to be right around 48.5C and it's been folding ~20 minutes now. This is at stock, w/ CM 212+ keeping things cool.

I also got HFM.net from my Windows box to connect to the x6 using FTP. I installed pure-FTPd on the box, was relatively easy to get that going. Didn't bother installing samba or anything of that sort. HFM.net is reporting 52,096.7k PPD between all three CPUs and both GPUs.

The x6 alone is reporting 14k PPD.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top