Need an ACDSee alternative

DoggyDaddi

Gawd
I just finished upgrading my System & reinstalling my OS.. went from XP-Pro sp2 to Vista 64 Ultimate. Having a couple of problems though.

I bought the GGC-H20L Blu-ray & HD-DVD drive... and it worked flawlessly till I updated the firmware to 1.03. Now it won't play HD's no matter what I do/program I use. Reflashed back to 1.02 but nada. Currently waiting on prepaid shipping labels from LG to replace, as they said its an issue with no fix... have to replace the drive. Oh well :(

However, I'm noticing a couple of other issues as well. My monitor positions keep reversing in the display settings... wtf? I have no idea how or why.. it just happens every once in a while. Anyone know about this?

Also.. I use (or USED rather) retail ACDSee 10 (pully patched) for general graphics viewing and selection. It works fine now for gallery viewing and general sorting, but when I try to actually access the directories/folders manager in ACDSee the program hangs. Until I can find a fix I need a good alternative, but so far I can't find ANYTHING with the same level of features and ease of use. I guess I wouldn't mind finding a prog that suffering so heavily from bloat as well, but ACDSee has been really nice up till now.

Anyone have any ideas please?

I'm not sure it has the features you require, but when ACDSee became bloated (my opinion), I went to a free alternative:

http://www.irfanview.com/

It's pretty configurable. Again- not sure if it has everything you need.

Back