Need advise on new build please

Stroker

Limp Gawd
My current rig in my sig just died so this is what Im upgrading to:

EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 680i
OCZ Gold 2GB DDR2 1100
Core 2 Duo E6600

Im going for a fairly top-end gaming rig that is stable and I can OC. The EVGA mobo is the new revision and I havent seen anyone have any problems with it. Any suggestions or swaps? Which waterblocks should i get for the chipset and processor?
Thanks in advance

Im unsure as to why the OCZ RAM is so cheap. The reviews on newegg were kinda hit and miss but its still tempting.

I also am not sure about the EVGA motherboard. The new revision is supossed to fix alot of problems but is it going to overclock well? Is there a better overclocker out there?

My Swiftech Storm waterlock should work with any LGA 775 board, my DD Maze 4 block should fit on the NB, and I think I will go with a Thermalright HR-05 SLI on the SB.

Sounds like you are on the right path. I've built a similar system recently, Excellent CPU, and mobo. I payed way too much for my ram, and I'd probably wouldn't buy it again. Not that there's anything wrong with it, It's just that I don't think that it makes much of a difference. (Although, I have been the envy of the last few LAN parties...
Anyway,
I've heard good things about the Buffalo Firesticks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820150054

Not too sure about the water blocks, as I'm running the Zalman 9500.

I would love to be able to wait but I need them by this weekend which means i have to order them before noon and do fedex overnight :eek:.

Back