• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

need advise on good 9600pro HSF

Shinare

Gawd
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
582
Looking for suggestions on great air cooling for a 9600 pro. is the vantec ICEBERQ4 a good one? Are there any "total" solutions simmilar to the Tt GF4 Cooler? (includes all Ramsinks and GPU HSF).
 
I'm interested too. This reply is so I can get e-mail notification.

That rinky dink little heatsink and fan completely caught me by surprise. I expected something more serious when I bought this card. Even the GF4 Ti4200 with it's cheap little aluminum thing at least had a better fan and the HS was a little larger.
 
From what I know, the 9600 series runs pretty cold, and is low power...

A friend of mine, with a Pro, had the fan die on him, so he bought an Iceberq, and now gets 8000+ on 3dmark03

Geez, I'm tired, I need to stop using so many commas,
 
I like the ICEBERQ4 I know the .13 process makes this card a cool runner, but I want to overclock it to over XT speeds, so I will grab that ICEBERQ4 and see what damage I can do with it. I had a blueorb on my ti4200 (came that way stock from BFG) and it worked out very well, could get over 300/600 OC (I had aluminum ramsinks) but the fan in the blueorb started moaning... I think I will try the vantec. Supposedly you can get ~700 on the DDR without ramsinks. If I can get 500/700 I will be very happy.
 
Back
Top