Need Advice: Rugged ATX Cases.

interested

Gawd
Hello everyone.

I could use some help in finding some Rugged PC cases which can accommodate a standard ATX sized motherboard.

We have some Desktop PC's here which we ship around the world with some of our demos, and trade shows, etc.. Currently we use Antec NSK4480 cases, and with repeated shipping they tend to take a beating, even when packaged properly in custom made Benson Boxes.

So we would like to find a new PC case that is far more rugged and resilient to bumps and dents etc, where we can use the same hardware (motherboards, RAM, Vid, HD, DVD, etc.

The case should be able to withstand up to 20 or so courier shipment's a year, without damage. So I'm thinking of any ATX cases that people usually take to LAN parties or that can travel a lot without getting damaged.

I am not immediately aware of any such cases, so i could use some advice, on any you guys might know about.

Thanks for any input you guys may have on this subject.

Too bad Chieftecs have plastic front cover... at least DA-01 itself feels to be made from some armor steel alloy or something "equally soft".
Lian Lis again have plastic pretty much only in insulation of wires but aluminum isn't as strong as steel.
Coolermaster Stacker is also very strong... I'm not sure are their smaller cases made similar and have nearly all metal construction.

You will definitely want something with primarily steel construction, and probably somewhat compact as well. The Antec P180/182 and Mini P180 seem like they'd be good choices. Aside from that, the Sonatas might be good as well.

how bout the cooler master ammo case? it doesnt have plastic doors to fall off, its pretty durable, only complaint would be slightly thin side panals, but barring a straight on kick to the side, it should stand up pretty well to constant moving.

I would like to thank you all for your suggestions.

I am looking into some of the suggestions here and I am also still looking around for other ideas.
One thing I have also started looking at is the overall size of these cases.

I was not really aware up until now how small our NSK4480 ATX Case actually is compared to all the other standard ATX cases out there. Would be nice if i could find a rugged case that is around the same size, but if i cant well so be it.

I really appreciate the help so far, and any other suggestions are welcome.

Back