Need advice regarding eyefinity

B055H0G

n00b
Joined
Oct 17, 2011
Messages
3
First post here, hello all!

OK So I currently have two monitors and a third I just bought to run in EF

MY graphics card is a 6950 1GB

The two monitors I currently have are: an Acer 22" (model number AL2216W), and a Gateway 22" (model number LP2207) I purchased another identical ACER monitor (the Al2216W), and it should arrive in a few days.

I would like to use the Gateway as my middle monitor with the two acers on the left and right.

The monitors only support either DVI or VGA. My graphics card has two DVI outputs and one HDMI.

Do I just run the middle one via HDMI (with an HDMI to DVI adapter)and the other two via DVI?

I read something about a combiner, but don't know much more than that.

What if anything, do I need to purchase to get them to run in eyefinity?

links or links to other threads would be helpful, replies get free cookies !

My current specs are as follows:

Cpu is a first gen I7 2.93 GHz
6 gigs of tri channel memory
1000w PSU
Gigabyte HD 6950 1 GB
500 Gb HDD
 
Thanks for the reply. So is that the only thing I need in order to run my setup?

And the monitors will support it as well as the graphics card ?

No crazy loss in performance ?
 
The adapter is all you need to drive 3 monitors from one 6950.

Tthe 1GB 6950 is a bit low on vram for some games at your triple monitor resolution. You will most likely have to run lower settings than if you had a 2gb card.

The monitors do not have to support eyefinity, they just have to be able to run at the same resolution even if it is not native resolution. It is best to use 3 monitors that have the same resolution, and pixel pitch however.
 
Again thanks for the help, I do appreciate it.

I found a youtube video that told me exactly what I needed to know.

Your cookies are being sent via UPS , I'm not responsible for any damages.

Quick question tho, are my other specs going to bottleneck my video card? or vice versa?

If I add a second HD 6950, will it bottleneck it more? and if I do add a second card, am I going to get a huge gain in performance ?

:confused:
 
Back
Top