• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need Advice on VX450w

gunkata

n00b
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
2
I just built a new system with the following specs

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
ocz 2gb ddr2
pny 8800 gts
gigabyte p35-dsr3
500 gb ata drive
xfi xtremegamer

This is powered by a Corsair VX450w. Single rail +12v@33A

Im noticing video card freezing errors while playing WoW or downloading game demos, and opening the nvidia control panel. This blue screen error shows up sometimes too, NV4_DISP.

Im about to reinstall windows, but I have a gut instinct this problem might be power related.

Please advise.
 
should be ok

I ran an oc'd e6600 and 8800gtx system for months on a 520 powerstream OCZ PSu with 33 amps....
 
I just built a new system with the following specs

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
ocz 2gb ddr2
pny 8800 gts
gigabyte p35-dsr3
500 gb ata drive
xfi xtremegamer

We run systems more demanding than that in the lab with the VX450, it should be more than sufficient from a power standpoint.
 
NV4_DISP sounds like a gpu driver issue. Uninstall it and use driver cleaner pro to remove any traces of it, download then reinstall new driver. Might wanna do bios update, see if that fixes your problems.
 
I tried manually resetting the memory timings last night to 4-4-4-15 and up'ing the mem voltage to 2.0, plus a xp reinstall and still same issues pops up. Yeah going to look at the bios update.

I guess the mods can move this thread to the appropriate place, since it doesnt appear to be a PS issue anymore.

Thanks all
 
Back
Top