Need advice on selling hardware.

Creepin_D

[H]ard|Gawd
I soon will have a cpu and board ready to sale and I'm a little nervous selling online.

I'm after reading a few horror stories now of people shipping out good hardware, only to get scammed and getting damaged hardware returned to them.

So I ask, what are a few tips I can use to try to protect myself from this situation?

Thanks in advance.

When you post, also include your Heatware..............If you have heatware:

http://www.heatware.com/

Also make sure the buyer has Heatware and all positive numbers on there.

Make sure you pack your hardware very safe to insure it doesn't get damaged during shipping.

Most everyone uses USPS when at all possible as they handle the packages much better than UPS.

I have seen damaged goods arrive damaged more times than I can count when UPS was the shipper.

Strongly suggest including insurance to the buyer to help insure if damage does occur at least the money can be reimbursed to the buyer.

Just do a bit of research on the people you're selling to, search for their usernames and email address(es) and look for any negative buying/selling experiences people may have had with them. All I know is that you are at least good to go on the shipping side of things if you ship everything as well packed as that 780 you sold me.

Also, make sure to take plenty of pictures of the current condition of your hardware before packing it up (including serial number), a picture of the packing job before and after sealing, and of course, make sure to keep all correspondence between you and the buyer until after the feedback has been exchanged.

Last edited:
Back