Need Advice on Raidmax Cases

Ohmsford

Limp Gawd
I have been thinking of purchasing a Raidmax Scorpio 868 for some time now, but I've recently had some bad luck with them. My brother purchased this case and when it arrived in the mail, there were a few problems that I found with it. First of all, there was a large scratch on the side panel, but that just happens sometimes I guess. Second, the side panels seemed to be very prone to hold fingerprints (this might just be cause its black). Third, the front door won't stay open due to the wire that runs into the door for the Z blue light. Forth, you can't have front and rear Audio....If you want front audio, there are wires that run from the outside rear of the case, connected to the audio ports on the Motherboard, go back in, and too the front, I think thats kinda stupid. Now i've also been considering the Raidmax Cobra case, and I was wondering what people thought of it, and how it compares to the things I dislike on the Scorpio Case. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

my raid max case didnt have very good airflow.. it was the astro version though.
my antec plusview 1000 amg should get here monday :D :D

My nephew has a Raidmax case, and it's alright. But, I sure wouldn't use the piece O' crap power supplies that come with them. He's had two of them "POP" and take the mobo with them.

My friend has this Raidmax case (in black), and for the $30 he paid for it it's not bad. We acutally drilled holes in the front of the case to give it good airflow, and stuck a 92mm fan on top that we got from a really old power supply. It doesn't look bad either. For the price, you can hardly be worried about messing it up. The power supply has worked stabily for about 8 months as of now. It has one problem though, whenever the psu has power and the computer isn't on, it makes my house's intercom system have static galore. The reset button gets stuck too. But it has great airflow now! Oh, just rembered, the side fan died after 6 months.

good and bad, but what do you expect for a cheap case?

Back