Need advice on OC temps

Tricyclthief

Limp Gawd
I have an asus p5k-e wifi with an e4500 cpu in a Cooler Master Sileo Case (front and back fans only) and a tuniq tower 120 HSF. Im running a mild OC right now 333x9 3ghz (cpu voltage 1.3, cpu-z reads 1.28) but my idle temps seem little high to me. Im hitting like 50c idle and with blend prime95 hitting 65c almost right off the bat and seems to start climbing up toward 70 so i stop it. Any suggestions? I just had the setup in a rosewell Armor case (has 6 fans) and was running like 30-35 idle. I know case has some to do with it but still seems like HSF should be keeping it cooler then 50c. Thanks

ps room temp was 91F or i think 32c

Last edited:
Check the contact between the CPU and HSF and see if there is any poor contact.

Then check the airflow inside the case.

Check the contact between the CPU and HSF and see if there is any poor contact.

Then check the airflow inside the case.

Thats the thing that kinda has me puzzled. I literally took out the mobo from 1 case and put it into another and now its running like 15c or so hotter idle. Cant imagine thats just from new case with worse air flow can it?

ps room temp was 91F or i think 32c

Yikes, that's pretty high room temp. So your CPU hitting 70's doesn't seem too farfetched.

Air flow plays big role in keeping your components cool. So you add this in with high room temp and, voila, now you got CPU that is about 5 to 10c higher than what it should be.

Try reapplying thermal grease and perform better cable management (if you haven't done this already) to improve air flow. I would add stronger fans and mod the case to add more fans to improve air flow, but that's just me.

Thats the thing that kinda has me puzzled. I literally took out the mobo from 1 case and put it into another and now its running like 15c or so hotter idle. Cant imagine thats just from new case with worse air flow can it?
It can.By adding 1 fan to the case,i can drop 10 degrees on my CPU temp.

Also your ambient temp seems to be a bit high,although that's no match for my 38 degrees ambient temp. :p

Haha yeah no central air and I was so caught up working on the PC i forgot i didnt have room fan on. I'll see how the temps are in room its going in and see if its better or worse then look into adding a side fan. Thanks again for insight

enabling C1E and speedstep will help, if they aren't already.

Back