Need advice on new monitor

Of course true, but still ... it's a lot cheaper than getting an Eizo coloredge.

The 10 bit LUT would seemingly be a big deal too (less banding), if the 2336 doesn't in fact have one. For whatever reason I just assumed all flexscans had 10 bit LUTs (probably because they are expensive).

I would only know by looking at specs and if 'palate of 1.06 billion colors' is there you have 10-bit on board. Otherwise all 8-bit at 16.77 million. In practice I can't confirm better or worse. But banding is pretty nonexistent. Much better than my LG AS-IPS. S series Flexscan are what you were thinking and they have a 278 trillion palate and display port 10-bit outs. All EV series are 8-bit LUT and output only apparently.

I would only know by looking at specs and if 'palate of 1.06 billion colors' is there you have 10-bit on board. Otherwise all 8-bit at 16.77 million. In practice I can't confirm better or worse. But banding is pretty nonexistent. Much better than my LG AS-IPS. S series Flexscan are what you were thinking and they have a 278 trillion palate and display port 10-bit outs. All EV series are 8-bit LUT and output only apparently.

Yeah, I must have been thinking of the older models, as I think most (or all) had 10 bit LUTs. Eizo may have went cheap with the new generation.

I'm hoping they come out with an upgraded Foris this year, just so they push their 2333 into their refurb pile. At $180 or so, I'd consider picking one up to use as a spare small tv and for occasional gaming. Remote for the 2333 can turn the monitor on/off, right? Just how terrible are its speakers? At least usable?

Ideally I'd also like to see them come out with a 24" 16:10 Foris, using PLS (and even better if PWM free). But that is just wishful thinking, and annoyance that their 2436 has a grainy coating.

Back