Hey guys,
Currently I have an 74gb raptor drive for my gaming OS and I need a storage drive. Basically I move large files like DVD images and such. I am looking for the best performance while extracting/transferring large files. What do you guys suggest? I was thinking something in the 300gb range. Or would I get better performance with 2 200gb drives in raid 0. I am not worried about data protection just storage capacity. TIA for the advice.
System Setup:
DFI Lanparty UT 250gb
AMD 64 3000+
1gb Mushkin LII (TCCD)
1 80gb Seagate
1 74 gb Raptor
6800nu
Currently I have an 74gb raptor drive for my gaming OS and I need a storage drive. Basically I move large files like DVD images and such. I am looking for the best performance while extracting/transferring large files. What do you guys suggest? I was thinking something in the 300gb range. Or would I get better performance with 2 200gb drives in raid 0. I am not worried about data protection just storage capacity. TIA for the advice.
System Setup:
DFI Lanparty UT 250gb
AMD 64 3000+
1gb Mushkin LII (TCCD)
1 80gb Seagate
1 74 gb Raptor
6800nu