Need advice on new case

Newbie13

n00b
Hello everyone!

Been looking for a case for some nice air cooling. Just wanted some advice before I buy. I have been looking at the FT02 and RV02 (Silverstone), and I tend to favor the RV02 purely on price. It's 50% compared to FT02 where I live. I read that for good GPU cooling, it would be a good idea to have a cooler or two in the side. Is this needed for a low temp GPU? The Raven and the Fortress case both lag that. If not one of those, then what should I be looking at? Noise is very important to me, so it would have to be low noise. Good wire managemant abilities is also a high factor for me. And I would like a big case so I have enough room in the case. I currently have 6 disks + 2 SSD's.

Also, should I replace the factory fans with something else? And if yes, then what?

Also, if there is any sites that actually does these tests, or where I can read about different cases, any links would also be apreciated. As in, sites where people actually tests if the case delivers.

Anyways, thanks all for any help you can provide!

Would be something like that I'm looking for. Is the addition something you install in the case? Do you know if it will take up a lot of space?

Good choices. I found the V1020 and FT02 to be on par in GPU cooling.
The RV02/FT02 or V1020 were my two favorite cases last year.

One of my favorite cases is on sale with free shipping at Newegg, the LIAN LI PC-V1020B. I just bought the Red version myself.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112308

It will be quiet, but may not have the GPU cooling you want unless you bought something like this in addition...
http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product04.php?cl_index=2&sc_index=34&ss_index=83

Hmm seems like the price in the Lian Li is a bit high. I like the case. But I think the Raven is still my favorite alone due to the prive is more then half off compared to the Lian Li and the FT02.

Hmm seems like the price in the Lian Li is a bit high. I like the case. But I think the Raven is still my favorite alone due to the prive is more then half off compared to the Lian Li and the FT02.

It is all aluminum and with the sale and free shipping it is actually cheaper than the Raven RVO2, so I am not sure what you are looking at. But the Silverstone is a great case too.

Last edited:
It is all aluminum and with the sale and free shipping it is actually cheaper than the Raven RVO2, so I am not sure what you are looking at. But the Silverstone is a great case too.

Ahh sorry, it's because I live in a place where I can't order from Newegg :) They don't ship to Europe.

Ahh sorry, it's because I live in a place where I can't order from Newegg :) They don't ship to Europe.

Ok. That makes sense. I only posted the Lian Li case because the Newegg promotion brought it within the price range of the RV02. I think you will be happy with the RV02.

Ok. That makes sense. I only posted the Lian Li case because the Newegg promotion brought it within the price range of the RV02. I think you will be happy with the RV02.

Okay. Thanks for the help! :)

I have an FT02.
Excellent case.
I'm not completely sure it has room for 6 HDD though?
I know you can stow a SSD on the front-side somewhere.

Cable management is pretty good, but the distance from the back MB panel to the side door of the case is a little tight for my tastes.

The air cooling is excellent, you DO NOT need to replace the fans unless you want to.
The fan filters work so well I've never seen dust on the inside of the case.:D

Back