Need Advice on Gunk Removal

KingThot

Gawd
So I snagged a 24" display super cheap and have succeeded in fixing all the problems but one, it has a tenacious, thick sticker residue all over the front of the panel.

IMG_0045%5B1%5D.JPG

Recommendations for removal? Water alone is just too damn arduous a process but I'm fearful of applying anything else.

Use isopropanol, the solution must not have chemical etching agents. Isopropanol is safe to use when cleaning a laser lens... should be ok for your TV

Isopropyl alcohol

will alcohol soften the protector? Laser lens are glass? I think I would try lighter fluid first

if it wont harm the screen, I'd say that goo gone would probably be the easiest to use

You want to use a < 50 / 50 alcohol water content in case it has a screen coating.

I work with removing a lot of adhesives and i really can't think of a single thing that would be safe for removing it, i say that assuming thats not a glass screen.

If you wanted to be super safe, you could just tear down the whole thing and bath the front cover in really warm/almost hot water for a while...

Back