Need advice on choosing new MoBo

Been working on a build for a couple of months now and it has been frustrating now.
Goal is to have a fast PC that will be used mainly for Everyday work / Image, Photoshop processing / Gaming / light video processing and such. I also want to hit OC of 3.8Ghz +/-.

Parts were as follows:

HAF 922
I7 930
Corsair 850TX PSU
OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 2000
2 WD VelociRaptor WD6000HLHX 600GB 10000 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s Drives
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R (returned)
Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 (returned)

Had the 2 drives in RAID 0 through SATA3.
Kept getting BSOD and crashing as soon as I installed the GPU drivers after installing everything else. Took drives out of raid and tried installing GPU drivers first. Would work but would keep hanging/freezing every few minutes for a couple of mins. PC would shutdown randomly without warning (not crash, turn off). as soon as I would install chipset, BSOD and crashing came back, not as immediate as before but still happening.
I can go on and on about all the different RAMs / drives...etc I tried.
I felt like the MoBo and GPU just didn't like each other. I eventually returned MoBo and GPU and now I want to get the GTX 580. I have no idea which MoBo to get though.
I currently have a EVGA X58 SLI with an i7 920 and GTX 260 OCed to 3.8 running strong for a year now.

So I need a MoBo that fits that criteria and will work well with those fast drives

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get the whole picture

Thanks for the help in advance

Last edited:
Yeah, so i have been told.
Is there anyone with a setup similar to mine who has tried one, or anything really that worked with no/minimal issues?

Also, Not quite sure what the real difference between UD3R UD5 and UD7 are? other than the minute differences in the slot setup?

Back