My brother is currently using those horrid $5 (if that) computer speakers that are utter crap... think they came with a system 10 years ago or something. Anyways, he has a birthday coming up.
Now, while I can't afford to give him expensive really good ones, I'm thinking that $50 should be enough to get something that's far better than what he has (and he won't really appreciate really good ones anyways). He'll mostly use them for gaming. Maybe a movie or two. He won't use them for listening to music.
So... thoughts? Advice? Ask him to kick in something and buy a bit higher up the chain?
Now, while I can't afford to give him expensive really good ones, I'm thinking that $50 should be enough to get something that's far better than what he has (and he won't really appreciate really good ones anyways). He'll mostly use them for gaming. Maybe a movie or two. He won't use them for listening to music.
So... thoughts? Advice? Ask him to kick in something and buy a bit higher up the chain?