Need Advice! How To:

CustomModAddict

Limp Gawd
Ok, so I am building a PC for my son, who lives in Georgia a 1000 miles away from me (here is the worklog). I need some type of software or programs that I can use to access his PC remotely in case there is a problem, or to run back ups, etc.

Also is there anything software wise to make it easier to recover without having him have to take it to pc repair guy there?

For all you software guys, tell me what you would do if you had to monitor a system a 1000 miles away?

Thanks to all, software is not my game....thats for sure :)

1. Your solution for remote support- LogMeIn.

2. The best way to make it recoverable in case you need to do like a system restore in case it's hosed up - Acronis Home. Get the system set up the way you like it with all drivers and software, then install Acronis and create a system image and back it up to an external hard drive (or another internal disk). Then just ship it with the PC. Get familiar with the software so you can explain to him over the phone how to restore from that image in case it's so bad you can't log in via the web. Then I would set up scheduled backups to the disk.

I hope this helps, cheers!

Back