NEED ADVICE for CERTIFICATION

mohammed

n00b
I had advanced diploma in Network security and now I have finished my bachelor in Information System. so could you pls suggest me which IT certification would be more preferable for me to get a job earlier.

Thanks.

scline I just finished my bachelor so I do not have any real experience. I am not sure how is CISSP comparing CCNA cause my bachelor's special was in Information system.
Thanks for the reply.

CISSP is great, but you'll need real-world experience for it. 5 years worth to be exact.

You could start small with the CompTIA Security+ certification, which is pretty basic, but a great place to start. If you don't have your CCNA and CCNA Security, those are good to get as well. SANS courses are good as well, but they are VERY expensive if you don't have a company paying for them.

CISSP is great, but you'll need real-world experience for it. 5 years worth to be exact.

You could start small with the CompTIA Security+ certification, which is pretty basic, but a great place to start. If you don't have your CCNA and CCNA Security, those are good to get as well. SANS courses are good as well, but they are VERY expensive if you don't have a company paying for them.

That's really a great suggestion for me. Thanks

A Masters degree knocks off a year of that requirement but yes you'll still need at least 4 years experience for the CISSP.

A Masters degree knocks off a year of that requirement but yes you'll still need at least 4 years experience for the CISSP.

Thank you, I didn't realize that. I've just started classes to turn my associates into a bachelors degree and had considered sticking and getting my masters as well. Of course, the timing will work out to around 5 years, so it's almost a moot point, except that the masters degree plus CISSP and the other certs I'm getting will be more valuable then the CISSP and certs with just a bachelors degree. I've been working in the security field for the last few months and love it so far :D

Back